Sunday, June 9, 2013

Rear Window





This was my first time seeing Rear Window and it was not what I expected. As I began watching I quickly noticed that the movie was only going to be taking place in that courthouse. Jeff was so caught up in people watching his neighbors that the whole neighborhood as a whole seemed to be a character.
            The setting was always the same and the placement of the actors made for very dramatic suspense. The alley for example was very to the left but that made it very engaging. This film was full of mis en scene because of the suspense built in my only being able to see as much as the windows allowed. This was very interesting and kept my attention through the whole movie as the suspense of Thorwald built up with if he committed the crime or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment